Our extensive range of projects include:
– Good Practice Arts Award Mentor status for 2015/16 and we were a Good Practice Centre 2013/14
– Recognition through the Inspire 2012 mark for the Olympic Games, the sole user of this mark in Kent, bringing Gold Level Arts Awards programmes to several groups in the county. The project is also the recognised centre of excellence on the island for the Art Award through the Arts Council.
– A complementary DVD on an Island-wide drugs and alcohol study in young people.
– A well-received DVD promoting the Island’s tourism for the Sheppey Tourism Alliance.
– Swale Film Festival, where a full-day event was held at the Blue Town Heritage Centre.
– ‘A Young Person’s Guide to Sheppey’, as part of the 2014 ‘Visit Sheppey’ brochure.
– Partnering with Kent Police on a project involing young offenders in parallel with the Sheppey Community Media Centre and Sheppey FM.
– Trips are regularly organised to take students to cultural places of interest such as film studios, museums and art galleries, as part of their course work.